[Qgis-community-team] A Gentle Introduction to GIS

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Aug 2 01:42:49 PDT 2022

On 8/2/22 10:26, Andrea Giudiceandrea wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> probably there was a misunderstanding.
>
> It seems to me Glenn Travis is asking why the "A Gentle Introduction to GIS" https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/gentle_gis_introduction/index.html is not available in PDF format as you can see in https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/pdf/en/

Ah duh, thanks Andrea :-)

Mmm, I thought we always build that one too, but I checked and even at 2.18 we did not have it:
https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/pdf/en/

I hesitate to add it to the pdf build though, because althoug usable,
- it has not been updated for a long time (looking at the screenshots)
- it IS already online available as html
- generating pdf's which (apparently) never been asked for is (energy) wasteful

So if somebody really wants it to be added to the build, let me know

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde