[Qgis-developer] Legend layers vs. Legend layer files

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 05:55:44 EDT 2006

Marco,

thank you very much for your replies!

> >- popup menus differ greatly in organization, content and
> >implementation between the legend layers and legend layer files -
> >which operations should be possible for them?
> >

> Currently, the popups for the legend layer files come from the QgMapLayer instances, the ones for the other item types from the legend.
> In the legend layer item, zoom to extent calculates a bounding box for all the layer files it contains. Add to overview/remove from overview should also consider all the layer files. At the moment, allow editing is not in the legend layer popup, because i'm not sure if it should just make the first layer file editable or all.

I'm asking because I'd like to move layer file's popup menu to legend.
It's really a question what option makes more sense - first layer or
all. To keep it clear I would suggest that when layer has only one
layer file, editing can be turned on/of (or attribute table can be
shown). With more (or zero) layer files, this menu item will be
visible but disabled for layers and the user must decide which layer
file to edit...

Martin