[Qgis-developer] New QGIS Blog -- for you!

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Aug 6 06:04:32 EDT 2006

Gary Sherman wrote:
> Greetings,
> We have set up a group blog for QGIS at http://blog.qgis.org. Before you
> think "oh great, another website", we have a specific use in mind. We
> would like to step up the interaction between the development team and
> the community.

Gary,

Does it mean the idea behing QGIS blog is similar to "planets" like
http://planet.ubuntulinux.org
http://planet.gnome.org/
etc. ?

> We invite QGIS users and developers who wish to blog about topics
> related to GIS (and QGIS in particular) to make use of the new blog.
> Some of the things we would like to see from developers are
> * what you are working on now
> * what plans you have
> * howtos for using QGIS

Great idea!

> From the community we would love to see:
> * how you are using QGIS
> * how you solved a problem
> * success stories
> * howtos for using QGIS

As a stories template, I'd like to point on interesting thread from
PostGIS mailing lists:

"Who is Using PostGIS? For What?"
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2006-July/012642.html
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2006-August/012824.html