[Qgis-developer] [FOSS4G2006] QGIS Screencasts CD Proposal

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Aug 6 06:16:44 EDT 2006

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Mateusz
>
> Some time ago I posted a howto on the wiki
>
> http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/RecordingFlashMovies
>
> Which explains how to create a screencast.

Tim,

Nice work!
Yesterday, I tried ScreenKast:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/screenkast

but I have problems with exporting recording to file:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1549122&forum_id=581041

> Some people have added casts to qgis.org and these have proved to be
> very popular:
>
> http://qgis.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=89&Itemid=77

I'm going to watch them soon.

> It would be great to have a well thought out series of these
> screencasts that show the range of activities that can be carried out
>  in qgis.

Yes, first try I'd dedicate for recording movies illustrating QGIS Users
Guide. The Guie could be used as a scenario ready for.

> Hopefully the urls above will help folks interested in getting going
>  with your idea.

Sure

Best regards
--