[Qgis-developer] please, help me... Radim

Byambaa Mendbayar mendbayar_b at mongol.net
Wed Aug 23 13:33:02 EDT 2006

Dear Radim Blazek,

In first thanks a lot for your great article "BuildingWindowsBinaryOnLinux".

I am new in QGIS development.

I want to write simple plug-in for my own purpose, therefore I need to
compile QGIS for Windows platform. In first time I was using Mateusz
Loskot's HOWTO (Building Quantum GIS with Visual C++ 2005). However I can
not compile latest QGIS source for myself. I have been getting lot of
compiler errors; I was so many times to trying compiling QGIS using Visual
C++ 2005 on the windows XP. Of course I my compilation progress is improved,
although still so many strange compiler errors alert to me.

After that I was decide to using yours HOWTO.

Every thing is OK until GRASS compilation. In GRASS compilation process had
some compilation error. Please look at attached "error.log" file. I have
using GRASS 6.3 source from CVS repository which is noted in your HOWTO.

Then next step is "GDAL GRASS support" processing. This step is so buggy for
my compiling time. After I recompiling according your HOWTO then I had error
occurred please see it from attached file "gdal-winmake-error".

In finally I have compiling QGIS without-postgresql option (according
HOWTO); however I found many errors in SPIT plug-in compiling also
postgresql related things. Why it was occurs for me, I was specifying in
QGIS for without-postgresql.

In the end please help me, what I will do for compiling QGIS within
PostgreSQL support, should I compile PostgreSQL from source distro? If yes
then which configure script and make util I have to use? Simple Linux
configure script or winconfigure within winmake and winmake install?

Thanks for reading my so long and so boring email.

I hope you will help to me; I am looking your reply.

Best regards,
	Byambaa Mendbayar