[Qgis-developer] 0.8 release grass plugin and query builder issues

Neil Best nbest at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 28 12:22:21 EDT 2006

A couple of things that I notice while playing with my shiny new QGIS:

*  I notice that the GRASS plugin prompts you for GISBASE but won't
allow selection of a directory.  It seems to work fine when I point it
to /usr/lib/gras and hit cancel.

*  QGIS crashed when I tried to go into the GRASS editor:

No such file or directory: /driver/db/
error_routine (fatal = 0): Cannot open driver 'dbf'
Cannot open database /home/neil/gis/kb/ses/grass/ses/PERMANENT/dbf/ by
driver dbf
mProjectionEnabled = 0
QgsGrassEdit::setCanvasPropmt
Segmentation fault

I noticed that the attributes for my GRASS layers were not coming across.

* The query builder button is greyed out for my vector layers, both
GRASS and SHP.  Why wouldn't it be available?

These might be bugs, but since I'm not 100% sure if I compiled correctly
I thought I would submit them to the group and see if others see them also.

Neil