[Qgis-developer] 0.8 release grass plugin and query builder issues

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 05:57:27 EDT 2006

On 8/28/06, Neil Best <nbest at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> A couple of things that I notice while playing with my shiny new QGIS:
>
> *  I notice that the GRASS plugin prompts you for GISBASE but won't
> allow selection of a directory.  It seems to work fine when I point it
> to /usr/lib/gras and hit cancel.
>

> *  QGIS crashed when I tried to go into the GRASS editor:
>
> No such file or directory: /driver/db/
> error_routine (fatal = 0): Cannot open driver 'dbf'

Obviously because GISBASE was not selected in previous step.
Which platform, compiled yourself? GISBASE should be compiled
into the plugin using --with-grass and you are only prompted for
GISBASE if it was removed.
What does it mean 'won't allow selection of a directory'?
Most probably the directory you selected is not GISBASE.
The dialog is checking for $GISBASE/etc/element_list.

Radim