[Qgis-developer] Introduction to Design Patterns in C++ with Qt 4

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Aug 29 07:55:29 EDT 2006

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Mateusz
>
> Thanks for this link! I´d be interested to get a copy, but there isnt
> much info on the site - it would be nice to see a sample chapter to
> get a feel for the writing style...

Yes, there is sample of CHAPTER 9 - QObject, on the Informit IT website:

http://www.informit.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0131879057&rl=1#info2

> Its funny to see Bruce Peren´s name on a book about Qt4 since he cause
> all that stink about only promoting gnome (and thus gtk) over kde for
> Debian Common Core Alliance (which thankfully seems to faded into dust
> now....).

I'd not expect it :-)
See paragraph at the end of this article:

http://www.newsforge.com/software/03/12/16/0029234.shtml

"In February, my book series will publish C++ GUI Programming with Qt,
the official Trolltech guide  to Qt 3.2, by Jasmin Blanchette and Mark
Summerfield. I have a minor financial interest in promoting Qt"

Though, I don't care about this political stuff
and only cow does not change its mind ;-)

besides, GNOME rulezzz ,-)

> Also I dont know if its been mentioned on this list but C++ GUI
> Programming with Qt 4 (Paperback) by Jasmin Blanchette, Mark
> Summerfield was recently announced too. Its available in German too
> and possibly other languages.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/C%2b%2b-GUI-Programming-Qt/dp/0131872494/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0/104-7072469-1535110?ie=UTF8

Thanks.

3 days ago I started my 14-days free trial of Safari
(O'Reilly/InformIT), and there are QT 3/4 books available to read
online. I found it helpful when working with PostgreSQL internals, for
example.

Cheers
--

Mateusz Loskot