[Qgis-developer] Re: experimental win32-SVN-HEAD-snapshots

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Tue Aug 29 08:31:03 EDT 2006

Hello Radim,

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:04:17 +0200 "Radim Blazek"
<radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/29/06, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The problem is that WMS provider gets the srs.db path
> > from static QgsApplication::srsDbFilePath() which is
> > inited in main(). WMS provider on Windows was built with staticaly
> > linked core library and so the path was incorrect.
> > Unfortunately if I used CORE_DLL the provider fails to load
> > (QLibrary::open). I found that this works:
> >   $(CORE_A) $(GUI_DLL)
> > Yes, strange because QgsApplication is in core library so it
> > should not work! Another strange thing is that OGR provider
> > loads if compiled with DLL. I have submitted to SVN but
> > it is not final solution.
>
> Correction: WMS provider gets SRS via QgsSpatialRefSys
> which is in gui lib, so it works as it should. Still no explanation
> why it fails to load when compiled with core dll.
>
> BTW, WMS should work? I cannot get anything displayed with
> http://www.mpasol.it/cgi-bin/wmsdemo.php?request=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS
>
> Do you have some free WMS service which works?

I have successfully tried (even with the srs.db-error popping up in
win32) the WMS services from DEMIS or NASA Onearth:

	http://www.demis.nl/wms/wms.asp?
	http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?

Perhaps they work for you?!

Thanks for finding the bug in linking the paths of the srs.db, even if
the reason is not explainable...

I will update my experimental win32-build.

Best regards

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508