[Qgis-developer] Composer: Labels/rasters are not exported to SVG

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Wed Aug 30 03:26:59 EDT 2006

Dear developers,

I am in the position to search for a tool which can 'pimp' the maps
generated by QGIS. I thought about inkscape which has nice
vector-drawing capabilities.

When I export from Mapcomposer into SVG, the resulting map does not
look like I had them layouted in the Composer.

Some of my remarks:
* Labels are not exported
* filling-styles are ignored
* Rasters are somewhat exported, but not shown in inkscape
* no text-elements

What would be really nice is that label- and general text-exort should
work. This would improve the usability of the SVG-output greatly.

Is there any chance to get (at least) some of the things done in one of
the next releases? I thought that the label-stuff worked in 0.7.9
(qt3-based), but I may be wrong.

Best regards

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508