[Qgis-developer] Composer: Labels/rasters are not exported to SVG

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Aug 31 06:13:57 EDT 2006

Hello Gavin,

thanks for your reply.

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:36:45 +1200 Gavin Macaulay
<gavin at macaulay.co.nz> wrote:

> Stephan,
>
> Those problems with the svg export from qgis are caused by bugs and
> unimplemented features in the Qt4 code that qgis uses when exporting
> to svg. I recently tried to work-around some of them, particularly
> the lack of text labels, but had no success.
>
> Currently, the users expectation of svg export is higher than we can
> provide. I am planning on adding something to qgis to make people
> aware of this until qt4 does svg better.

This might be good. I will try to build todays qt4.2 snapshot from
trolltech and report back, if this solves anything with this.

Best regards

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508