[Qgis-developer] Mac build error

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Jun 13 15:02:16 EDT 2006

Hi Tim
>> 8<-----snip

>> ../core/qgsgeometry.h:22:18: error: geos.h: No such file or directory
>> Its wierd because core built ok which includes that file, and /sw/
>> include (where geos.h) is in the g++ line above. I installed geos
>> from fink using apt-get.
>> Any ideas?
>
> I'm puzzled by this as well. I would expect the -I/sw/include to be
> sufficient.
>

> A difference between core/Makefile.am and projectionselector/
> Makefile.am is that libqgis_core_la_CXXFLAGS contains $
> (GEOS_CFLAGS) and libqgsprojectionselector_la_CXXFLAGS doesn't. An
> extra -I/sw/include from $(GEOS_CFLAGS) should be redundant but
> perhaps it's needed.

Ok that fixed it, thanks.

> Another idea is to add -v which should echo the actual include path
> assembled from all the options. This may provide some insight to
> the failed search.
>
> Although I first used fink, and later darwin-ports, when I wasn't
> very familiar with *nix, I did have to struggle with obscure path
> issues. After becoming more familiar with the *nix directory
> structure and build tools, I eventually found it simpler to
> directly install all additions or Apple-overrides into /usr/local.

I'm a die hard 'only install from source when you really have to '
person, so its a pleasure being able to apt-get install stuff on mac
too....

Do you know what needs to be done to make the application bundle
'universal'? Anyway at least I should be able to make an intel
version of QGIS for Mac available after this...

Thanks!

> Tom

Tim Sutton
tim at linfiniti.com