[Qgis-developer] Better getNextFeature in vector providers

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Sun Mar 19 20:17:06 EST 2006

Martin Dobias wrote:
> On 3/18/06, Brendan Morley <morb at beagle.com.au> wrote:
>> Martin,
>>
>> I had thought 0.8 is already in feature freeze; though my interpretation
>> of that was "get WMS finished, not just started" (-:  Therefore I vote
>> you do this in some post-0.8 branch.
>
> Hi Brendan,
>
> Gary has recently set feature freeze to March 31, he confirmed to me
> on IRC that it's ok to do some more improvements until that date.
> Personally I don't think these changes are very big and I can surely
> finish it on time.

To clarify, we don't want to implement any new major features. Tweaking
of existing things to make them work better is fine, as long as it
doesn't require major architectural changes. I guess to avoid any future
misunderstandings, we should take an informal vote on each feature
change between now and the freeze on 2006-03-31.

By the freeze date we don't want features that are just stubbed in,
working poorly, causing crashes, or will take more than a few days to
completely cleanup and make bug free.

--
-gary

Gary Sherman