[Qgis-developer] Failed to load NAD27-83 correction file

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon May 8 10:56:45 EDT 2006

It was mix of various problems.
1) I tested a file outside area of valid available grid files
2) PROJ_LIB was set by previous qgis07 installer but qgis07 was
    deleted from file system
3) PROJ checks if pj_finder was set before PROJ_LIB enviroment variable.
    pj_finder is probably set in GRASS gproj library when plugin is loaded,
    consequently PROJ_LIB was ignored

I think that it is better to avoid any variables set by installer because
files cannot be moved later and variable remains set even if files are deleted.
I added setEnvironment() to QgsCoordinateTransform which sets
PROJ_LIB to QApplication::applicationDirPath() + "/share/proj/" if not set.
Not however that it has no efect if GRASS plugin was loaded because in that case
pj_finder was already set to search in $GISBASE/etc/nad

Radim