[Qgis-developer] rendering objects on canvas

nitin quick quick.nitin at gmail.com
Wed May 10 06:42:17 EDT 2006

Hello developers,
I am currently trying to code a module which will put some primitives or
object on qgis canvas irrespective of map. Lets  assume i have a algo
generating some points  and now i want to plot these points on canvas with
background of my map.Basic Operations like zooming , panning etc. should
still work while algo may be generating hese points after some unknoown
interval.
Problem is these object directly relates to acetate layer so one way is to
use acetate object hierarchy. But i couldn't found anyoone of renderer class
supporting it in code.
Other class relating to my problem is QgsSymbol which let me associate a
picture to co-ordinate. But same thing here i couldn't find any renedere
class supporting it directly.
I am thinking of deriving one clss from one of rendere classes but i
couldn't decide which one to use. I am not completely clear about
QgsSiMaRendere, QgsGraduatedMarendere, QgsUValMaRenderer classes.
Also say if i donot want a map in backgrond , just want to plot these points
or objects and later i may add.. etc etc.

Any help in this regard will be appreciabe and will save me good amount of
time in prototyping.
cya
nitin quick