[Qgis-developer] Re: Fonts in composer

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Fri May 19 03:57:31 EDT 2006

Radim Blazek wrote:
> Because Qt4 QPainter supports floating point numbers I could
> remove QgsComposition::mScale (set to 1 for now).
> Consequently the font scaling factor QgsComposition::psFontScaleFactor
> became wrong. I tried to fix the problem with scaling again
>
> I tested on Linux with many fonts and different sizes and the font height
> seems to be almost always correct and text length is mostly correct.
>
> Tom, could you test on Mac?

On a Mac, printing isn't working at all. The map is drawn in the
composer window but no printable Postscript is generated. On the
console, I get about a hundred "CGAffineTransformInvert: singular
matrix" messages.

I haven't tried printing since 0.7.4 so this might have something to do
with the Qt3 to 4 switch. I'll look at the code in the next few days and
try to find out what is going on.

The text in the composer window is slightly smaller than the main window
but this is true for Linux as well. The Linux .eps text is very small
however -- perhaps 20% of the main window size.

I used a polygon file and the outlines in composer were a series of dots
-- perhaps only one in three of the outline pixels are being drawn. The
.eps outlines are continuous however. In 0.7.4, the composer window
outlines were continuous as well.

Also, the Legend and Label tools segfault on both Mac and Linux.

Tom