[Qgis-developer] Announcement: Sponsored developer appointed

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Nov 11 07:11:16 EST 2006

Dear QGIS users and developers

We are pleased to announce that Martin Dobias has been appointed to
work on getting QGIS 0.8 ready for release as part of our sponsored
developer programme. From Slovakia, Martin is an established
developer on the QGIS team, having contributed the new canvas system
for QGIS 0.8. He is also working on Python bindings for QGIS (see
http://blog.qgis.org/?q=node/29) which will be available in a future
release of QGIS.

We would like to thank the many people who have already contributed
to our funding drive (http://qgis.org/content/view/131/105/) for
their generous support.  If our funding drive continues to be so
successful, their is always the option of hiring additional bug
squashers. So if you are interested please send Gary a note
expressing your desire to be considered.

Martin's main job will be to kill bugs in the QGIS bug tracker marked
as 'critical' and 'must fix'. Once these bugs have been resolved QGIS
0.8 will be released.

We will post regular reports on Martin's progress.

Best regards

--
Tim Sutton
(on behalf of the QGIS Project Steering Committee)

Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
MSN: tim_bdworld at msn.com
Yahoo: tim_bdworld at yahoo.com