[Qgis-developer] segmentation fault in plugin using zoom tool

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 09:30:01 EDT 2006

On 10/5/06, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that I added also
> QgsMapCanvas::unsetMapTool(QgsMapTool* mapTool)
> to delete current tool if it matches the passed one
> (or the last non zoom) e.g. when tool has to be stopped from plugin.
> Maybe a better solution exists?  Note that the current tool
> (last non-zoom) can only be deleted if it is that set previously
> by plugin.

Hi Radim,

well, probably the way how does it work currently is not really ideal.
In my previous post (reply to Tim) I've suggested another possibility,
hopefully easier to comprehend. However now I'm not sure if that won't
bring any drawbacks.

I see one problem: e.g. GRASS edit has its own set of map tools. The
question is what to do when grass edit ends - what tool to activate:
Leave map canvas without any tool? Set panning tool as active? If so,
how to get the pointer to panning tool to make sure that button
associated with the tool will be activated?

Martin