[Qgis-developer] Python bindings news

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 22:38:03 EDT 2006

Hi Christoph,

sure you can help. Python console can be improved greatly, some things
I have in mind currently:
- ability to load a python script and execute it
- multiple line commands (e.g. cycles)
- support for other commands than evalution (assignment doesn't work now)
- command history
- auto-completion

But I'm not sure if using QScintilla is a good idea - it's yet another
dependency and I guess we can live well without it. Console is meant
to be a simple interface to python, not an interface with editor -
it's easier to use an external editor for editing a script and then
just import it in QGIS.

Or did you mean some other use with QScintilla?

Martin