[Qgis-developer] CMake for building QGIS?

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Fri Sep 8 10:43:17 EDT 2006

On Sep 8, 2006, at 1:25 AM, Radim Blazek wrote:

> On 9/7/06, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Personally I dont see why we cant have multiple make systems in
>> svn assuming
>> they dont conflict with each other....
>
> Yes, but we cannot ask developers to learn and make always changes
> and _test_ all the make systems. That means those secondary
> make systems will permanently fail to compile as people modify
> the primary one.
>
> Radim

I agree -- Radim points out the reality of multiple build systems
unless there is a champion for each that keeps it up to date with
potentially each commit.

I'm not opposed to cmake, assuming we are sure it meets our needs.
The fact that KDE 4 is using it probably means something.

I'll add this topic to our "post-0.8" TODO for the PSC.

-gary
Gary Sherman
Micro Resources: http://mrcc.com
   *Geospatial Hosting