[Qgis-developer] plugin question

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Sep 9 08:18:22 EDT 2006

Hi Radim

> BTW, I am writing a new plugin and I have 2 problems:
> 1) How to change it to standalone plugin with its own configure and
>    make system.
The external plugins have their own svn tree http://svn.qgis.org/trac/
browser/trunk/external_plugins and the plugin builder script there
was (up to qgi 0.7.4) able to generate a standalone plugin. However I
have not maintained it since I was having double the work to maintain
very similar code both in qgis/src/plugins and in external_plugins. I
decided it will be much timpler to add some options to the
plugin_builder script in the main qgis trunk to allow the user to
select whether to make the plugin part of the main qgis build system
or a standalone build job. I have yet to do the latter....

2) How to make a distribution package for Windows and how to
    automaticaly update the plugin when it is installed.

Most likely we could modify the main qgis nsis script to set an env
variable on the host system like QGIS_HOME or something. Then when
you NSIS  write the installer script for your own plugin you can
install it into the QGIS_HOME/lib/qgis or what have you...

Tim Sutton

Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
MSN: tim_bdworld at msn.com