[Qgis-developer] Impressions from the FOSS4G2006 conference in Lausanne

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Sep 20 15:07:20 EDT 2006

humarco wrote:
> There was also information about the OSGeo foundation, what it does and how a
> project may become a member. This so-called 'incubation process' is mainly a
> project review. When reading the criterias for projects
> (https://incubator.osgeo.org/), I had the impression, that the QGIS project
> would fullfill most or even all of them.

I'm sure about it.
If I may share my opinion, the OSGeo foundation is on the right way to
play a very important role(s) in the Open Source GIS and QGIS should
join it as representing user-friendly desktop GIS.
At the moment, as I see, most of OSGeo projects are dev tools and web
mapping projects.
So, QGIS would definitely find its niche there :-)

> Ok, that was it from my side. Did anyone of the QGIS folks make digital
> pictures of the conference? It would be great to see them.

I have some, but not yet published.

There is also a big gallery on the FOSS4G webist:
http://www.foss4g2006.org/site/gallery/index.php

> Mateusz: thank you very much for the nice QGIS t-shirt!

You're welcome! I hope it will fit you or some other QGIS geek well :-)

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net