[Qgis-developer] Projection parameters for french NTF

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Sep 28 23:12:07 EDT 2006

Hi

On 28/09/2006, at 10:20, Brook Milligan wrote:

> Tim Sutton writes:
>> 1) we need to decide what will be the cananical source for SRS
>> descriptions (Im leaning towoards postgis / spatial ref sys table
>
> My suggestion is to treat EPSG (http://www.epsg.org/) as the canonical
> source.  I believe that in fact all the postgis stuff is derived from
> there anyway, so you might as well go to the real source.

Ok - I thought Postigs contained a superset of EPSG + other SRS defs.
But its been  while since I was working on projection stuff so its
not so fresh in my brain anymore.

> I have
> already made a package for pkgsrc (www.pkgsrc.org) to install the EPSG
> scripts in a database.  Some similar mechanism could be built within
> the qgis release process to gather the appropriate scripts, modify
> them into an appropriate file format for compiling into the source.

This would be great. Ideally if we could come up with a way to
automate updating the srs defs when we do a release - or build in a
plugin to qgis to allow the users to update the srs database.

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Sutton