[Qgis-developer] Cmake and the unhappy python build]

Mark Coletti mcoletti at lychnobite.org
Wed Apr 11 14:46:10 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 12:42:05AM +0200, Martin Dobias wrote:

> But I haven't asked where are the libs installed (your $HOME/lib) - I
> asked about their presence in qgis source tree: libqgis_core.so must
> be created in BUILD_DIR/src/core directory - BUILD_DIR is
> ~/projects/qgis in your case. So ~/projects/qgis/src/core is the place
> where makefiles for python bindings search for the library. Is
> libqgis_core.so there or it isn't?

  I did a fresh checkout from subversion HEAD and was able to get a
  separate build directory sorted.  (Which implies that if one
  subsequently wants to create a separate build directory after
  already configuring via cmake for a different directory, that there
  must be a mechanism to convince cmake to work in the new hierarchy.
  At least I hope so, because my current work-around seems to be doing
  a fresh checkout from subversion.)

  In any case, after doing all that I'm back to the original error:

mcoletti at mcolettib886:~/projects/qgis/build> make
[  0%] Built target svnversion
[  9%] Built target ui
[ 27%] Built target qgis_core
[ 33%] Built target qgis_gui
[ 65%] Built target qgis
[ 69%] Built target translations
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `src/core/libqgis_core.so', needed by `python/core/Makefile'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [python/CMakeFiles/python.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

  And no sign of that library in the build hierarchy:

mcoletti at mcolettib886:~/projects/qgis/build> find . -name libqgis_core.so
mcoletti at mcolettib886:~/projects/qgis/build>

  But it _is_ in the install directory:

mcoletti at mcolettib886:~/projects/qgis/build> find $QGIS_PREFIX/lib -name libqgis_core.so
/home/mcoletti/lib/libqgis_core.so

  Would it be helpful to post any CMake state info?  (And, if so, ummm
  where does CMake store that?)

> Btw. you have also files from old qgis installation in ~/lib (e.g.
> qgis_composer, qgis_legend etc). While they shouldn't do any harm,
> there's not much use for them.

  I deleted them.

Cheers,

Mark