[Qgis-developer] Out of source build not working

Magnus Homann magnus at homann.se
Wed Apr 11 14:59:01 EDT 2007

Mark Coletti wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 06:46:55PM -0400, Mark Coletti wrote:
>> I'm, for the third time, going to nuke the entire source tree and to a
>> fresh checkout from subversion and try again.
>
>   The build now appears to be operating normally in a separate 'build'
>   directory.  This suggests that if you have already done a
>   configuration via cmake that the given instructions for doing
>   subsequent builds in separate directory hierarchies won't work.
>   Again, I'm not confident in that assertion since I'm new to cmake.

Cmake discovers that the path that you point it to ('..') already
contains a configured setup (I think it looks for CMakeCache.txt), and
just reconfigures that build again.

If it does not fins a buidl where you point it to, it creates a new in
the $CWD.

Not so inutitive.

That's why you should never build in-source... :-)

Magnus
--
Magnus Homann
magnus at homann.se