[Qgis-developer] About ecw support

godofredo contreras frdcn at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:42:49 EDT 2007

Hi:
     I am involved in a project that needs a tool to make some compression using libecw library in windows platform. I have tried to build libecw using mingw with no success, also I made an import library using a dll compiled with msvc. I think that I can use the import library to compress and decompress to an from ecw files, but I´am a little concerned with showing ecw files through gdal in qgis, I tried to recompile gdal using the import library but I got some errors regarding wchar_t and unicode support in header files. Any ideas how can I solve the problem or somebody who could guide me to port libecw to mingw?

Regards
Godofredo Contreras