[Qgis-developer] 0.8 svn branch build in OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Apr 17 19:57:04 EDT 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 6:24 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> I tried building the 0.8 svn branch today with cmake on OS X.
> Building works fine from the 0.9 trunk using the newest unix
> frameworks supplied at www.kyngchaos.com, but you can only get
> things to work in the 0.8 branch using the older GEOS 2.2.3 and
> GDAL 1.3.2 frameworks. The newer 3.0 and 1.4 frameworks,
> respectively, should be installed if you want the GRASS.app binary
> from CVS to work, but you will need to manually redirect the
> 'Current' symbolic link under 'Versions' in the GEOS framework to
> 2.2 rather than 3.0.

And redirect GDAL current to 1.3, or you'll have Qgis linking GEOS
2.2 and GDAL linking GEOS 3.

I've been holding off on playing with Qgis for a while - waiting for
that elusive 0.8.1 release.  But wasn't there a way to make 0.8 work
with GEOS 3?  I can't find anything in my notes, but I remember
seeing something about that.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy