[Qgis-developer] save as shapefile has trouble with multi-geometry features

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 02:46:00 EDT 2007

Hey folks,

 I've been putting this off for a while but decided to take the plunge
and learn the new cmake system to get at the latest goodies such as
python bindings and vector data output. I have to say kudos.. it works
beautifully and is much cleaner (and faster!) than the autoconf build
system.

 On to my question...  the export to shapefile works great for layers
with single-part geometries but all multi-geometry features seem to be
dropped from the output. (see attached screenshots). The console shows
the following error for each multi-geometry it enountered:

ERROR 1: Length of input WKB is too small

I'm not too familiar with the vector provider stuff .. is this an easy fix?

--
Matthew T. Perry
http://www.perrygeo.net

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes
the existing model obsolete" - R. Buckminster Fuller