[Qgis-developer] Rejigging raster layer drawing

Peter Ersts ersts at amnh.org
Fri Apr 27 12:46:09 EDT 2007

Barry,

There is a separate branch on the SVN where a couple of people have been
working on some raster issues (raster_transparency_branch)
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/RasterTransparencyBranch,

Thing specifically being addressed at this time are:
Stretching
Transparency
Color maps

I have been very delinquent on working on this  over the last month but
hope to get back to it very soon.  The current line of thinking, Tim
correct me if I am wrong or out-of-date, is to get the raster methods a
bit more robust and filled out then at a later time split the different
rendering routines for each layer type into their own classes and
finally, eventually , integrate OSSIM into QGIS.

-pete