[Qgis-developer] question about r.in.xyz

PikoBoZ piklas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 07:59:23 EST 2007

Hi list
I'd like to use r.in.xyz from a python plugin in the aim to extract the
x,y,z values of a tiff dem file to an ascii file. I know that grass tools
aren't supported yet in PyQGIS, but i'm going to call directly the
r.in.xyz.exe of the grass directory with an os command. I have actually two
questions

How can set any loaded dem layer as the current layer to work with ?

Can I specify arguments into a os.system command as in a traditionnal grass
command
os.system('r.in.ascii.exe') input=~/CURRENT LAYER  output=rast

Which python syntax or os command must i use to do that ?

Many Thanks 4 answers

PikO