[Qgis-developer] New angular renderer

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Dec 10 10:31:41 EST 2007

Hi

2007/12/10, Michaël Douchin <michael.douchin at laposte.net>:
> Hi !
> I think this renderer goes in a good direction
> I am personaly trying to find a way to draw arrows for each of my point
> , with the angle corresponding of the wind direction. I think this
> fonctionnality should not be used as a "unique value", "continuous
> renderere", etc. symbol type, but separatly, as it is done for the
> labels : we must be able for example to draw the points with
> * a colour depending of one column (eg "boat speed" from green to red),
> * a label representing another column (eg "name of the boat"),
> * and another symbol like arrows (or anything else) drawn from the point
> with its angle contained in another column (eg "wind direction"). The
> best would be to have the possibility of changing the length of the
> arrow with another column (eg "wind speed").
>
> What do you think ?

Yes that makes sense to me too - so basically make symbol rotation an option
on all renderertypes when they are rendering point symbols.

For dynamically colouring symbols my hope / plan was that we can

a) get rid of the 'fixed' symbols (currently the only ones that allow colouring)
b) implement SVG css and a convention for our svg files to that we can
dynamically colour them

Anybody looking for a bit of diversion? - the above would be a great
contribution...

Regards

Tim