[Qgis-developer] Ubuntu QGIS package source for apt now available

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 11 05:13:23 EST 2007

Hi All

By popular request I spent a couple of evenings figuring out how to
get my ubuntu packages into a apt-get installable archive. Now you can
add the following sources to your /etc/apt/sources.list :

# Tim Suttons PPA on ubuntu
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/timlinux/ubuntu gutsy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/timlinux/ubuntu gutsy main

Then just do

apt-get update
apt-get install qgis qgis-plugin-grass

The archive icludes x64 native packages too. Note you need to have
universe enabled too as far as I know. After doing the above, updated
packages should automatically be installed via the ubuntu update
manager etc.

Regards

Tim

--