[Qgis-developer] GRASS DBF driver broken in QGIS 0.9.1 [was: New Installer for Qgis 0.9.1 for Windows]

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Dec 11 16:00:22 EST 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Leonardo Lami wrote:

>> - using GRASS modules the supported driver seem to be only pg,ogr and
>> dbf. But if I use dbf default driver and I try to import a sahpe with
>> v.in.ogr or I create, in any way, a new GRASS vector , I see that QGIS
>> does'nt create the dbf linked table.
>> So I think there are some problem about general driver database support.

> Using DBF driver, when you open spearfish location and run
> eg. v.to.db in GRASS Tools, are you able to select a column
> to be populated for any vector, or does the drop-down list
> of colums remain blank? I had such an issue with 0.9 on
> Windows (haven't tried 0.9.1 as not often I have Windows
> handy). Can anyone verify how it works now?

I've confirmed this today on Win XP Home using 0.9.1
downloaded from [1]. *Any* command in the GRASS Toolbox,
which requires selecting an input or output column of a DBF
table, fails to let user select the column - either a blank
dropdown or a 'cat' column alone and all other discarded.
Can anyone say if this is due to QGIS or GRASS on Windows?

[1]http://whatnick.dyndns.org:8080/tisham/qgis_setup0.9.1.10_12_2007.exe
[2]https://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/808

Maciek