[Qgis-developer] extensions to postgis dialog

Hugentobler Marco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 13 10:23:01 EST 2007

Hi,

The list of tables in the postgis connection dialog may become quite long for users that have a lot of tables and views. I therefore would like the following extensions:

-Convert the table widget to a tree widget. For every schema, there would an item that can be expanded/collapsed and contains the tables/views of the schema. Like this, there will be much better overview in situations with many schemas/tables/views.

-Add a line edit that takes regular expressions and, if not empty, displays only the entries where the table name matches the regular expression.

Are there any objections or suggestions to this?
Godofredo, does this fit together with the work you are doing in the ogr-plugin-branch and shall I code the dialog extensions also into this branch?

Regards,
Marco