[Qgis-developer] Trac priorities

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Dec 13 18:40:58 EST 2007

Hi all

In the absence of further feedback on this thread I have gone ahead
with the proposed changes. In order to accommodate John Tulls request
and only keep three priority levels I included enhancement as part of
'minor'. We now have the following priorities:

Possible Values
critical: causes crash or data corruption
major: does not work as expected
minor: annoyance or enhancement

Many thanks to all who provided feedback.

Regards

Tim

2007/12/11, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com>:
> Hi
>
> I also want to revise those but types some time. Adding a 'New Feature
> Request' category sounds reasonable.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> 2007/12/10, John C. Tull <john.tull at wildnevada.org>:
> > Those categories will be much more useful. I have always wondered the
> > meanings of the categories in the past, but your suggestions will make
> > it perfectly clear. IIt might also be useful to have a "Feature
> > Request" category at the end to match the filing of type "Enhancement".
> >
> > John
> >
> > On Dec 10, 2007, at 4:28 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I would like to simplify things in trac with regards to bug
> > > priorities. My major concern is that a) we have too many categories
> > > and b) the categories are not descriptive enough for lay people
> > > needing to file bugs. Currently we have:
> > >
> > > Possible Values
> > > ---------------
> > > blocker
> > > critical
> > > major
> > > minor
> > > trivial
> > >
> > > I propose to the following changes:
> > > - merge minor and trivial into a new priority 'minor: annoyance'.
> > > - rename major to 'major: does not work as expected'
> > > - merge blocker and critical into 'critical: causes crash or data
> > > corruption'
> > >
> > > Any thoughts / opposition to the idea? I would make the changes as a
> > > batch update to the trac db.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >

> > > --
> > > Tim Sutton
> > > QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager
> > > Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
> > > openModeller Desktop Developer
> > > Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
> > > niche modelling tool
> > > Home Page: http://tim.linfiniti.com
> > > Skype: timlinux
> > > Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

> Tim Sutton
> QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager
> Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
> openModeller Desktop Developer
> Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
> niche modelling tool