[Qgis-developer] Compiling QGis related Application

Murat AHAT murat.ahat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 10:03:13 EST 2007

Dear All,

I have just started to build a gis related application, and after some
searching, i have chosen QGis to be one of my dependent platform
together with Qt.

I am using Ubuntu Gutsy with Kdevelop+QtDesigner.

My Starting point was the First C++ Tutorial from the QGis Blog. I have
installed QGis 0.9 as well as 0.8 and both of them giving the same
errors:

/usr/local/include/qgis/qgsapplication.h:21: error: expected identifier
before numeric constant
/usr/local/include/qgis/qgsapplication.h:21: error: expected
unqualified-id before numeric constant
/usr/local/include/qgis/qgsproviderregistry.h:38: error: expected
identifier before numeric constant
/usr/local/include/qgis/qgsproviderregistry.h:38: error: expected
unqualified-id before numeric constant

And those lines are the exact lines that class definitions take place.

for example from "/usr/local/include/qgsapplication.h":

15:/* $Id: qgsapplication.h 7130 2007-08-09 04:06:41Z timlinux $ */
16:#ifndef QGSAPPLICATION_H
17:#define QGSAPPLICATION_H
18:
19:#include <QApplication>
20:
21:class CORE_EXPORT QgsApplication: public QApplication // line 21 here
22:{

I have a line inside .pro file like "DEFINES += CORE_EXPORT".

So, how can I fix these problems? Any idea or suggestion will be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Murat