[Qgis-developer] QGIS and platforms

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 13:05:05 EST 2007

On 2/2/07, Tom Russo <tom.km5vy at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Good, so please try setting also CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS and
> > CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS variables to -pthread and I hope it will
> > build everything.
>
> Yes, indeedie.  So the necessary cmake command line for FreeBSD 5.5 was:
>
> cmake -DGRASS_PREFIX=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs
> -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/bin/qmake
> -DCMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS=-pthread
> -DCMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS=-pthread -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS=-pthread
> .
>
> This got everything to compile and link.  I haven't tested whether it
> runs properly yet, because I'm not near the machine and can't run it
> remotely over dial-up.  I'll report later if there's any problem
> running it.

Great to hear it finally compiles! Could you please check whether this
is still a problem also in CMake 2.4.6 ? If so I would report the
problem together with some other smaller issues we've hit previously.
In that case I will also check in a workaround for this problem - it
seems that all *BSD platforms are affected.

I think adding the section below to root CMakeLists.txt should solve
the problem without the need to specify -pthread explicitly. Could you
try it?

IF (CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "BSD")
  SET (CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS ${CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS} -pthread)
  SET (CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS    ${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS}    -pthread)
  SET (CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS ${CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS} -pthread)
ENDIF (CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "BSD")

Martin