[Qgis-developer] 0.8.1 release plans (and Mac OSX Build issue)

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Sat Feb 10 00:12:55 EST 2007

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Ok but with the cmake backort that homann has done does this still
> apply? I would have thought that if trunk builds then 0.8 branch
> would....? Although obviously there will be some differences between
> the two cmake configs since the lib refactoring wasnt backported....

Because the message was about 0.8, I responded (autoresponded? ;) ) with
info for the old build  process. I haven't tried cmake with 0.8 because
it doesn't fix anything for 0.8/Mac and, as has happened for you, may
raise new problems to be solved.

Regarding your error, if you are using cmake, the advice is somewhat the
opposite of the previous message. Cmake may be finding Qt headers
somewhere in the /usr/local tree. Finding Qt headers outside of a
framework on a Mac seems to confuse cmake. In this case, you don't want
an include symlink (and one isn't necessary even for the old build system).

Tom