[Qgis-developer] Fwd: windows build environment for QGIS

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 05:09:45 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, sijan ahamed <sijan4u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then i tried for adding plugins by following procedure
> 1.run perl script
> c:\dev\cpp\qgis\src\plugins\plugin_builder.pl,created
> plugin
> 2.changed to source directory....executed ./autogen.sh--no errors(as
> mentioned in developers plugin in  wiki)

Here's the problem - autogen.sh can't be used in windows - it won't
work. You have to create your own .pro file for the plugin. Have a
look at other plugins how can it be done. Or as you ask in other mail,
you can even take a working plugin, rename it and change the code.

> 4.executed Qmake from cmd Promp(as it is not geting executed from cygwin
> shell)---no errors
>
> 5.executed make from cmd prompt--no errors
>
> 6.make instalI from cmd prmpt--no errors.....
>
> BUT I CANT C MY NEW PLUGIN IN QGIS WINDOW(according to developers plugin
> manual ,plugin should be visible after executing
> autogen.sh,./configure,make,make install

That's because it isn't compiled. It must be added to Qmake build
system if you want to build it on windows.

Martin