[Qgis-developer] Build version 0.9 with Visual C++ 2005 Express

David Willis lists at dwillis.gotadsl.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 19:46:28 EDT 2007

> Excellent stuff - any atches you submit will be greatfully accepted!
> Mark it for my or Marcos attention. If you have any ammendments to

OK, hopefully I should have this done this weekend...

> the build process it would be great to document the process. Ideally
> I'd add a section to INSTALL.t2t in the top level source dir for
> Windows VC++. How much work would it be for you to put together a
> bundle of all the dependencies you created to build - and would you
> be willing to do that? I also wonder if there are any performance etc

I assume you mean all the dlls, libs and headers. Would it be worth
including Qt in that? The documentation on building that with Visual
Studio is pretty clear. I'll have a look at trying this bundle, not sure
how long it'll take. I need to have a try at building gdal and geos with
some suggestions from Mateusz that should result in something more easily
bundled than my current hacked together environment.

Anyway, I'll post a patch that should allow those willing to work out
building the dependencies for themselves to build this with VC++. I'll
then look at the dependencies bundle. I'm guessing there could be problems
with simply using the FWTools bundle as I assume it was built with msys.

David