[Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.9 Trac updates

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Jul 21 22:42:13 EDT 2007

Dear people assisting with 0.9 release preparation trac management
(in particular Düster and Aaron)

Some housekeeping notes for the bug queue:

- - if you would like to help with the bug queue management leading up
to the release of 0.9 please contact me so I can add you to the
release checklist: http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ReleaseChecklist0.9
- - if your name is not on the above list please do not make any batch
updates to the trac queue without first coordinating with me
- - I have reassigned all issues for milestone 0.8.2 over to milestone 0.9
- - We currently have 118 open issues in the 0.9 queue.
- - This list will likely grow once we get the preview out and its in
wider testing
- - As a first order of business I would like to evaluate the priority
of all bugs according to the following scheme:

blocker - bugs that should block the release. Since we are going to
release pretty much 'come what may' I would like no bugs allocated to
this category without consultation with me and / or PSC
critical - bugs that cause the application to crash or corrupt data
major - application features that do not function
minor -  features that function but imerfectly e.g. labels placing
incorrectly
trivial - gui useability issues or small issues with the
documentation, install notes etc.

- - I'm still looking for more people to help testing / fixing bugs
etc. You dont need to be a programmer - it would be great to have
people trying to replicate each bug when the release preview comes
out and check it its still valid. Just post your observations to each
bug. Also if you can help with writing install / build notes for your
os / distro (FreeBSD / Fedora etc) into install.t2t your patches will
be gratefully accepted.
- - We are still looking for people to volunteer to package QGIS -
otherwise it will be a source only release (ok with win and mac
binaries probably) and we will leave packaging up to the general
populus with possible duplication of effort etc. If you are able to
make packages please let me know.

Many thanks!

Tim Sutton

openModeller Desktop Developer