[Qgis-developer] QGIS crash on Mac OS X -- 0.8 release branch

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Fri May 11 00:25:17 EDT 2007

Gary Sherman wrote:
> I tried this and I still get the crash. The encoding in the dialog now
> says "System" when I open an shapefile.

It might be calling QgsOgrProvider::setEncoding() whether or not the
selected encoding is different than the default encoding.

Even though the crash is occurring in code dealing with encodings, the
problem may be a bad build since the file loads for me. I would try
deleting qgsogrprovider.o and qgsfield.o (crash caller and callee) and
recompiling. If that doesn't work, I would then try a complete rebuild.

Tom