Edit toolbar / Re: [Qgis-developer] "Edit" Menu

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sat May 19 11:06:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

+1 for edit menu.

For the editing toolbar, my impression is that it currently uses too much
space, considering that most people using qgis as a viewer and do not use the
toolbar. My plan is to hide the toolbar per default and the user needs to
make it visible in the 'view' menu (of course, the visibility of the editing
toolbar is stored in user preferences).
Also, it may be good to split the editing toolbar. I plan to add another
editing tool soon (one for creating new islands for multipolygon features),
and so there are already too much buttons there. Maybe one toolbar for
capturing tools, another one for tools which change geometries, another one
for copy/past/cut?
If there are any comments or objections on this, please write them in the next
few days.

cheers,
Marco