[Qgis-developer] Building QGIS with VC++ 2005 express

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu May 31 13:49:39 EDT 2007

Martin Dobias wrote:
> On 5/31/07, Greg Inman <Greg.Inman at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm new to developing with QGIS and I am trying to build with
>> Visual C++ 2005.
>>
>> I have followed the instructions on the wiki
>> (http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Building_Quantum_GIS_with_Visual_C++_2005)
>>  which was very helpful, but unfortunately the Visual C++ project
>> files for QGIS are a little out of date!
>
> CMake can generate Vistual C++ projects, why not to use it directly?
> When I was adding CMake support for QGIS, I've tried also this
> possibility and it worked well.

Martin,

I've never used CMake for that purpose.
Does CMake generate QT specific actions and build events like
running moc.exe from project level?

Anyway, if CMake can generate usable project for QGIS, then I would
stick to this option, as VC++ project maintenance for as big
project as Quantum GIS, is really pain in the ass.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net