[Qgis-developer] Advanced editing branch

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Sun Nov 4 11:20:23 EST 2007

Tom & Marco,

First, the move and split feature tools are great. Those will be very
useful. I had no problem using those in a test polygon on OS X after
the geos fix. Are there more features from this branch that are not so
obvious (map tools and digitizing prefs maybe)? I was not able to find
documentation on the project.

A while back, I had put in a feature request for multiple vertex
deletion. This is something that exists in OpenJump, but I much prefer
Qgis and am hopeful that this will happen at some point. Marco had
commented about the possibility of implementing this, but it was in
the idea phase. This would be an immensely useful tool and could be
extended to allow moves of a subset of vertices with the move tool in
addition to multiple deletion if a vertex selection tool were
developed. See this thread for a recap:
http://www.nabble.com/Vertex-edits-and-selection-t4178483.html

Also, will there be an undo feature. I recall someone discussing
adding a program-wide undo feature. This would be good for handling
editing goofs.

I appreciate your great coding efforts. Good luck on the progress.

Thanks,
John