[Qgis-developer] [patch] MSVC patch (less warnings and GRASS)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Nov 4 20:23:37 EST 2007

Hi Jürgen

Wow great stuff! - I went through all the files you touched and this
is nice and neat! I've test built here on Gutsy and applied the patch
(r7322). Ill test tomorrow on MSVC at work. I'm glad we can get rid of
all those ugly extern "c" all over the show.

Regarding GRASS - as I understood, you cant mix dlls created under
different compilers. In most cases GRASS stuff is called as a QProcess
and I was thinking that in this case the rule above would not apply
since the grass process runs separate (unlinked) to the QGIS process.
In a few cases however we link to some GRASS libs - and I guess this
is where things are crashing for you?

Do you have python stuff working under MSVC then? With all these
updates it seems we are not far off from making a MSVC windows binary
with complete feature parity to MINGW version. I have been working on
an INSTALL.t2t section for MSVC that documents the procedure for
building QGIS under MSVC. I hope to commit it this week and it would
be great to get you and David Willis to give feedback and possibly
resolve these final issues to getting a full QGIS MSVC build in place.

Lastly, the PSC has unanimously voted to grant you write access to SVN
so in future you will be most welcome to commit this type of
improvement directly to trunk. If you have any doubts about whether
its OK to commit something please feel free to ask here on the list.

Regards

Tim