[Qgis-developer] First test build of raster branch for windows

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:29:34 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 11:55 PM, Tom Elwertowski <telwertowski at comcast.net> wrote:
> Peter Ersts wrote:
> > Tom Elwertowski wrote:
> >> I tried a Mac build and hit the following:
> >> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> >> GDALDataset::GetRasterBand(int)
> >> GDALDataset::GetRasterCount()
> >> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >>
> > Can you double check your cmake config, it looks like GDAL is not being
> > found.
>
> I looked in the generated python/core/Makefile and found no occurrence
> of "gdal" anywhere. After appending "-L/usr/local/lib -lgdal" to LIBS,
> the link succeeded.

Makefiles that compile bindings are created in python/configure.py.in
script (which is first preprocessed by CMake which adds build-related
stuff. That script uses pyqtconfig module from PyQt4 and sipconfig
from SIP which make generating those makefiles simple.

> The only occurrences of "gdal" in the corresponding CMakeLists.txt is
> within Windows conditionals so it doesn't surprise me that gdal isn't
> linked in. The main and advanced-editing branches don't have this gdal
> dependency; they link without gdal for me.
>
> I will leave the solution to someone who is familiar with the
> Python/CMake build process.

Tom, could you try to make that section of CMakeLists.txt with gdal to
be used always (i.e. not only with MSVC) whether that helps? I don't
have a mac here so I can't test the difference...

Martin