[Qgis-developer] Windows Installer

lami at faunalia.it lami at faunalia.it
Mon Nov 26 12:08:47 EST 2007

> Hi All,
>
> Latest windows installer is here:
> http://whatnick.dyndns.org:8080/tisham/qgis_setup0.9.0.17_10_2007.exe
>
> It features bundled Python25.dll-Sip and PyQt4, so the users can install
> without downloading anything else. Since Python is the big new feature
> in 0.9.0 I hope this installer will become accepted with only minor
> changes. Making a Python free one will be a bit more copy pasting and
> rebuilding, I don't want to do make it unless it is really necessary.
>
> For anyone interested in GML, I finally have Xerces working in
> Mingw-linked statically to gdal. I will make a new installer featuring
> that once I have some time.
>
> Please give me some feedback.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tishampati Dhar

Hi Tisham,
I'm testing the
http://whatnick.dyndns.org:8080/tisham/qgis_setup0.9.0.26_10_2007.exe

and I make for you a little feedback

Python support misses:
"Couldn't load PyQt bindings.
Python support will be disabled"

In the mapcomposer the scale bar length default value is quite strange
(ex. 49995)

If I try to make a svg output, in the mapcomposer, it say to me that the
function is not stable and then it crashes.

If I try to make a pdf from the print composer I cannot choose the
directory where save it. I can choose only the name, it will be saved in
the program QGIS directory.

Other feedback is coming soon.

Hi Leonardo