[Qgis-developer] A trip down memory lane - .avl style support in QGIS

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Nov 26 22:30:04 EST 2007

Hi

I have parts of it working (default load and save is implemented) and
already my maps look more beatiful with less effort since a decent
default style is being automatically loaded with each layer. The
updates to the ui are done:

Before:

http://flickr.com/photos/timlinux/2064396616/

After my changes (see pics for comments):

http://flickr.com/photos/timlinux/2063585919/
http://flickr.com/photos/timlinux/2064378504/
http://flickr.com/photos/timlinux/2063585411/

Personally I think the UI is much less busy looking now and less
confsing since point symbols are hidden when they are not relevant.

Marco sld out (and in?) will be a neat addition!

Regards

Tim

2007/11/26, Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch>:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Nice to see there is good work underway for symbology support!
>
> > Changing symbology will affect only the style persisted in the project
> > or inpersistently stored in the local session. To persist a style the
> > user will need to perform an explicit action - there will be two
> > additional options in vector props dialog:
> >
> >  * save as default style
> >  * save style as...
> >
> > A third button will let user backout changes
> >
> >  * Revert to default style
> >
> > And a fourth will let them select a style from disk:
> >
> >  * load style ...
>
> I plan to also bring sld support into qgis core. Then the user may load/save
> symbology as qml or sld, possibly with a format combo in the file dialog.
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>

> --
> Dr. Marco Hugentobler
> Institute of Cartography
> ETH Zurich
> Technical Advisor QGIS Project Steering Committee
> marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch

--
Tim Sutton
openModeller Desktop Developer