[Qgis-developer] usability enhancements for georeferencer plugin

Hugentobler Marco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Tue Oct 30 05:54:40 EDT 2007

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: qgis-developer-bounces at lists.qgis.org im Auftrag von Oleg Gusev
Gesendet: Mi 24.10.2007 17:33
An: qgis-developer at lists.qgis.org
Betreff: Re: [Qgis-developer] usability enhancements for georeferencer plugin

Am Mittwoch 24 Oktober 2007 17:09:09 schrieben Sie:

>> I think it would be possible to add a project selector to convert the
>> ground points to another CRS before referencing. Is that what you meant?
>>

>Yes, one may have to deal with the three CRS instances during georeferencing:
>the CRS of GCPs (inherited from a map or chosen manually), the CRS of
>the referenced image (metric or latlong) and the target CRS (the project CRS).

It is not clear to me what you mean with 'CRS of the referenced image'. Isn't that unknown in the normal case? After referencing, the image has the CRS of the control points. I'm not an expert in image processing, maybe you could give a more detailed description of your working process.

Regards,
Marco